« Construction notice | Main | We have a Labor Secretary »



i'm writing this for a freind who is going through a situation with the NY State Unemployment Dept. they had overcollected on unemployment, and were denied benefits temporarily until they pay back the money. they got a job thereafter, started paying back under an agreed-upon restitution plan, and are currently paying back. unfortunately, the job was a temp job (a real issue in NYC these days) and has ended. so now they are back to no UE benefits and no job. do you think it is any way they can work out something with the Unemployment Office, maybe a partial payment or reduced payment with the rest of the money going back to what's owed? this person is desparate because they have no other income. thanks!

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)