It's that time of the year again - time for me to take my annual two week holiday from blogging.
If you find yourself online and wishing for something to do, you might click around WorkforceDevelopments a bit. You can
- Check out the Blogroll page and find some new websites I've added this year, or visit some old favorites
Shop for last-minute giftsDo some after-Christmas shopping for your favorite workforce development professional
- Job hunt on the Workforce Development Job Board
- Listen to contributor Racy Ming talking about prisoner re-entry on KQED radio
- Find your state link on the Unemployment Resources page
- Watch a slideshow and brush up on the basics of web 2.0
If you'd just like to catch up on some reading, you can click to the Archives to find every post since March 2006 sorted by date and by category. Or check out my favorite WorkforceDevelopments posts from 2008:
- The purpose of workforce development, in law
- President's Day workforce development quiz
- Does it pay to work so hard?
- Reader comments during debate on the first unemployment extension
- Using cell phones in workforce development services
- Making online maps work for you
- Making sense of the $700B bailout for workers and jobs
- Reading, writing and jobs
- What's wrong with this workforce development picture?
- Making research data accessible to more people
Or check out any of Racy's terrific posts on prisoner re-entry issues and resources.
Here's wishing you the best for the holidays and all of 2009.